Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Office Audiophile, Vol. 3

Studies indicate listening to music at work is good.

Of course I didn't look for any studies indicating that it wasn't. I also didn't investigate the possibility that people who see/hear you listening to music might think you are not dedicated to your job or serious about your performance. [But man, I hope that isn't true... I really do.]

So here are links to some of those studies that say what I want. Oh, and I have been listening to Shostakovich preludes and fugues at work--and I rediscovered The Beautiful South. And today I listened to my favorite post-war Sarah Vaughn recordings. Oh, and my recent mixes.
The battery in my car is dead and I need to get a new one on my way to work; I wonder where I can do that.

Oh, and I've been listening to XTC's Skylarking, and there's no way it's better than English Settlement. I think 1982's English Settlement might officially be my favorite record from high school.

I was going to go to bed, but I stumbled on Kraftwerk's Minimum-Maximum, a live thing from 2004. Kraftwerk are amazing!!!!!!! The version of "Home Computer" is make-you-cry beautiful.

No comments: