Saturday, November 22, 2008

An Endless Series of Playlists of Unrecognized Bands

But I've been unable to summon a response to the endless series of playlists, not recognizing more than a couple of bands. --Greg
Perhaps without knowing it, Greg came up with a great subtitle for this blog: "G-Fab's Analog Mix Blog: An Endless Series of Playlists of Unrecognized Bands."

Gotta drag out some of the few mixtapes I've made that have not been posted here. I got back into making mixes after I lost the 2004 campaign for the State House. I made two mixes for the campaign staff: Black Postcards and Pillow Mix. On each, I challenged myself to include bands I had never heard before--unrecognized! I still listen to both mixes.

The unknown (to me) bands on those mixes: Luna, Pinback, Bunkbed, AM/FM, American Analog Set, Capitol K, Earlimart, Film School, and others. These were all new to me in 2004. Some are big-time favs now.

No comments: