Monday, November 17, 2008

I Can Talk About It Now!!!

My Dad is on Obama's Transition Team!!!!!

It's been a secret until this afternoon, but now that the transition folks have moved into their office space at DOJ, I can speak. My Dad, former Asst. AG for the Criminal Division, is on President-Elect Obama's Department of Justice transition team. This has been a secret for quite a while, and I have slipped and hinted to a few pals. Funny that tonight someone should ask me point blank, and I lied and said "no." An hour later, I talked to my Dad and learned that as of this afternoon, it's now okay to talk about.

Last night, the President Elect told 60 Minutes that he's been reading briefing papers. My Dad wrote some of those briefing papers! In fact, I was in the car when he took the conference calls supervising their composition!

Here's a video of my dad speaking about DOJ's criminal function at a meeting of the American Constitution Society.



No comments: