Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Sad Treacle


I made you a Christmas present! I just uploaded the mix I used to call "Best of Gorkys" to 8tracks--chances are you already have a copy if you read my blog (I have been bugging people to listen to this band since I first heard them 4 years ago). If not, you're in for a treat. The new name of this mix is "Sad Treacle," and it's 18 tracks from the last three Gorky's Zygotic Mynci records: How I Long To Feel That Summer In My Heart (2001), Spanish Dance Troupe (1999), and Sleep/Holiday (2003). I am absolutely devoted to those records; the aural landscape created by them conjures images of Pet Sounds, Highway 61, Here Come The Warm Jets, and countless other brilliant pop records.

Now it's off to wrap presents (I'll spin this mix as I do it). Why do I always have to wrap Santa's gifts?





There's a second Gorky's mix that I give out; when I can find the track listing, I will post it. I used to call it "Second Best of Gorkys," which I think I will keep as a title, because it intentionally meant not what it said.

No comments: