Sunday, December 28, 2008

MSU Library Volunteer Gig


Okay, so if I do land this opportunity to digitize the Hugh Tracey African music collection at MSU (200 vinyl discs--whoa!), I will need to gear up.

  1. I will need a good record cleaning system. Luckily, I just found the perfect one that won't break the bank. It's here.
  2. I will need a better cartridge. I think my turntable is fine, but I think the cartridge and stylus could use improvement. I think a Grado Green will do the trick.
  3. I will need to save the files to WAV format. That will take up lots of memory.
  4. I will need a dedicated workspace downstairs.
  5. I will need a better system for staying organized.
I would love to do this project now that the KWR thing is done.

2 comments:

GregSteimel said...

so you bring all these records home and copy them? how many?

GregSteimel said...

oh, i see 200.