Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Stylophone & Kraftwerk

Equipment list from the Computer World era of Kraftwerk!
  • Sequential Circuits Prophet 5 (used only on the tour)
  • Moog Polymoog
  • Moog Minimoog
  • Korg PS-3300
  • Roland MC8 Microcomposer sequencer (used only on the tour)
  • Friendchip "Mr Lab" unit
  • Custom-built 32x2-step analogue sequencers by Matten & Wiechers
  • Dubreq Stylophone
  • Mattel BeeGees rhythm machine
  • Texas Instruments Speak & Spell language toy
  • Casio FX-501P Programmable Calculator with FA-1 Cassette Interface
  • EMS and Sennheiser vocoders
I actually still own a Speak & Spell. I have vivid memories of my 2nd grade teacher, Mrs. Beck, getting us an early version of that toy (I think her husband was a distributor or something). Check out this amazing video of the Stylophone in action:



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those guys are way more animated (and way, way younger) than when I saw them in Detroit.

Some Guy said...

That's what happens when you get old, I guess!