Friday, June 6, 2008

No More Riots


Okay, so I've made another mix. This one holds the distinction of "Shortest MTC Muxtape" because it clocks in at under 20 minutes. That can only mean one thing: PUNK LIVES!!!!

Joshua inspired this one. He made a great Muxtape for me, and I listen to it in the car all the time. He put the song "Punk Rock Girl" by the Dead Milkmen on there, and while I must admit that I skip that tune most of the time, it's funny and it inspired this mix. At any rate, the funny lyrics to "Punk Rock Girl" reminded me of the girl's voice saying "Punk's not dead; no it's not" on an Intensified Chaos song. That reminded me of the Not So Quiet On The Western Front compilation LP, which was one of my favorite punk records back in the day. So that made me want to make a Muxtape of my favorite tracks from that really important punk record.
So this mix is called "No More Riots." There are some funny Reagan-era punk lyrics on these; as I they jump out at me, I'll type them here. I'll wait a few days to move this over to MTC because I am posting there too much.

No comments: