Sunday, June 8, 2008

I Can Hack Your Muxtape, Man!!!!

Glenn's Mix#4 is quickly becoming my favorite mix so far. In particular, I really like the way he used the track and artist fields to make the journey significant. It also left us dying to know what each of the songs were. (All of this is to say nothing of my gratitude for him slogging it out on the GenEd Committee; I would rather slather myself with Sterno and jump into my BBQ grill).

Well, not only can I download the source mp3 files of Muxtapes; I can also see the tags inside those files. Spoiler alert: here are the tracks Glenn used for his amazing mix:


Oh, and this mix is proof that good selections and transitions can make someone appreciate music anew. For example, I don't very much care for Pearl Jam. Nope. Not really. But these tracks fit here so well. I like 'em here. And maybe I'll start to listen to them and see what I was missing. Glenn, you're a good teacher.

No comments: