Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jardins et muséums

We leave for Sweden in about 24 hours. Lots to do around here, but I am also very excited about Paris. Yup, you read that correctly. Renee is airlifting Kathy and me into Paris for 48 hours; and she's keeping the kids with her in Marstrand. What a fantastic gift. The NYT had a great article today about the hidden gardens of Paris.

Here's where we are staying.


With only 2 days, we are going to do non-Louvre museums and Paris gardens. Oh, and food. And wine.
Museums and gardens were on my list, but I was thinking Versailles and Louvre. How can you be so close and not go to those? But given the timeframe, a visit to either seems foolish. The trip out to Versailles would eat up a lot of time; gorgeous gardens are everywhere in the city. The line for the Louvre, let alone its huge collection, would also be a choking hazard.
So I like the non-Louvre museums and gardens idea. Plus, these are places where my nearly non-existent French won't cramp our style.




1 comment:

Eljay said...

Happy trails and safe travels - have fun!

**jealousy**