Friday, February 13, 2009

Writing & Listening

Eliza Carthy & The Kings of Calicutt (1997)

TIP: As your friends what you should listen to; they won't steer you wrong.

So, I spent much of the day working on a big writing project that is due on June 1, 2009. Feels like dissertation days. At any rate, I had a visit from my pal Aaron who teaches History at our place. I love to talk with teachers. I love talking with people who like music. It's the first time anyone has mentioned Neil Peart (Rush drummer) in my office that I know about; I was proud to show off my little office audiophile rig and show that I had every Rush record at my fingertips, even though I didn't know that until right then.

At any rate, Aaron recommended Eliza Carthy, who is great. It's been a long time since I've dug in deep on the Celtic thing. Wrote and listened to her stuff for most of the afternoon (that is, until the paint dried in the room next door).

2 comments:

Community College Historian said...

Glad you liked it!

Gail said...

This is the Sting/Lute music I was talking about the other day...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songs_from_the_Labyrinth