Friday, February 27, 2009

Buzzcocks


I loved them in high school. They are still really fun. You've got to love this really boring video of them playing. I think Steve Diggle is the coolest-looking guy. At 17, I wished I looked like him (he's the guy to the left of Pete playing the blond Les Paul Special). Gotta love the 80s skinny-tied Steve Garvey dancing and playing his Music Man bass.





Here's another video, this one from German TV. This is so obviously a lip-synch. Must have been common then--I'll bet they just didn't care. I mean, that is the version from the record; you can hear two guitars, but Pete isn't playing. I mean, there's even a fade-out. But Garvey is playing a J-Bass. Cool!





Here's another good one; it's my favorite Buzzcocks song, "Are Everything," which had a trick fadeout at the end.



I love this song because there's no bridge; it just repeats and repeats. Gotta love it!


I also really liked Steve Garvey's bass playing. Here are some pictures of the new bassist; in one, he's playing a MM similar to the one Garvey was playing in the video above and on the cover of Singles Going Steady. In the other, it looks like he's playing one of those Marcus Miller J-Bass models.

No comments: