Thursday, February 19, 2009

Back here a little

I haven't been blogging much. Parents in and out of the hospital (quite literally, actually--one just out, the other just in).

It's hard to write and think about nothing when you're thinking about something. But here's a little nothing. I used to own a really crappy Teisco Del Rey electric bass. It was the crappiest little thing, but it was waaaaaaaaay cool. It came into the store one day and the guitarist in our band really wanted me to buy it. He often played his Teisco guitar on our gig--it was his very first guitar.

Steve could get a great sound out of his Teisco. When I gigged with the bass, I could only play it on a tune or two. It never stayed in tune and it sounded like ass. I remember listening to a tape from the board--the drummer was really pissed because it was a great take, good enough to put on a demo, but the bass just sounded like total crap. Still, it was really cool-looking.



Mine was similar to this one, but it was a solid color slate blue/green. It looked and sounded like something out of a Japanese monster movie. I sold it to buy another bass (which I also sold).

More photos. None of these is the right color. Model number was EB-200 or NB-4.





No comments: