Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Snoozester


Okay, this is pointless... perfect for my blog!

I am staying overnight in the hospital. It's not a hotel. I have a 5:25 am flight back to Detroit tomorrow. Staying in a hotel, I could ask for a wakeup call. Not here. Google "wake up call service" and you will encounter snoozester.com

I tested it. It works. Wake up call scheduled for 2:30 am.

We'll see if I get up in time to gas up and return the rental car and make the flight.

You can earn me free Snoozster credits by signing up:
Sign up for a free Snoozester account

On the serious side... my mother is going to be stable for a few days, so I can now return to my life in Michigan. What she has is a form of interstitial lung disease called viral cyrptogenic pneumonitis. She will be unconscious and on the ventilator for about a week. The potential prognosis is much better for this preliminary diagnosis than it would have been for some of the other interstitial pneumonias. I will stay in touch with her partner as she regains consciousness and hopefully is weaned from the breathing machine. I imagine I will be back down here soon to help in some way. Best to head home and participate in my life there until we find out how I can be of use in the future.

No comments: