Saturday, February 28, 2009

Post Punk Party Mix

I'm a little distracted worrying about my mom. This blog is a good diversion. It's nice to be home, and I noticed something after being in the hospital for 6 days. When I play my iPod in the car, I am not switching songs all the time. I am actually listening to playlists. One of them is this one, and it was wiped from my computer--it existed only on my iPod. It was a playlist I made for a party here at the house. I invited the Humanities folks over for a holiday get-together. I asked them to bring their iPods. I challenged them to make a mix (this was even before we hired Joshua!!). Kim and Larry brought mixes. This is the mix I made. I just uploaded it to 8tracks.

Some of these tracks were converted from vinyl. To this day, that is my only source for Kilimanjaro by The Teardrop Explodes. Found the original party invite from back in 2005:
My wife Kathy and I will be hosting a 2006 Humanities Welcome Back party at our house on Thursday, January 12, 2006. This is the day of Welcome Back. All MCC Humanities faculty & staff (including kids, spouses and partners) are welcome.



Post Punk Party Mix




Oh, and something's changed over at 8tracks. Mix descriptions are now limited to 140 characters. In a way, I guess that's good. I tend to be long-winded there. That's what the blog is for. They also don't want you to post playlists (which I never did). Again, that's what the blog is for.

Playlist
  1. We Live As We Dream Alone / Gang Of Four
  2. Metal / Gary Newman
  3. Fall In Love With Me / Japan
  4. Frustration / Soft Cell
  5. Telegraph / OMD
  6. Everybody's Happy Nowadays / Buzzcocks
  7. The Love Parade / The Undertones
  8. Went Crazy / The Teardrop Explodes
  9. Heart and Soul / Joy Division
  10. Do It Clean / Echo and the Bunnymen
  11. Ice Age / Joy Division
  12. Third Uncle / Bauhaus
  13. Not Great Men / Gang Of Four
Oh, and that photo is Ian McCulloch from Echo. I think those kids were gorgeous.

> On Dec 22, 2005, at 1:08 AM, Steve Robinson wrote:
>
> Okay, Kim & Larry--fire up your iPods.
>
> If you think it would be fun, please accept my invitation to put a
> party playlist together on your 'pods. We'll hook 'em up to the
> stereo on the 12th as a great soundtrack for our gathering.
>
> I'm torn about mine; not sure if I should select a theme, or just
> go for overall vibe.
>
> I looooooove party music.

No comments: