Sunday, January 4, 2009

Thanks, Fr. George!

My pal Father George dropped by today; I am going to repair the hardshell case to one of his electric guitars. It's going to be easy--I have the perfect thickness of plywood and it's going to be a tidy repair.

A parishioner of his gave him a little Peavey practice amp; he doesn't play bass, so he's giving it to me. I'm taking that as a sign to get an electric bass once again. But a cheap one. Funny thing, Squier has a model out that pays homage to my beloved '64, right down to the color scheme.


Looks kind of familiar, doesn't it?


Not bad for $300, eh? Besides, I thought it would be a cool project to distress the thing and make it look like a vintage bass.

Update: Fender has a production bass that is inspired by the '64 I used to play. They call it the Fender Jazz '64 NOS ("new old stock"). Street price is $2,500. I sold mine for $1,900 (it was nowhere NEAR stock, though). Gonna get a replica thing for $300. Here's what it will look like, though:


No comments: