Thursday, January 15, 2009

African Man Goes To Washington

This is the African Man that lives at my Dad & Marti's house in Metamora. My Dad would like him to move to DC. So I offered to take him with us to the inauguration. Usually, he stands right here in the hallway (he's velcroed to the floor).
I took him home in my car; on the way back, I puzzled over how to get him to DC (mind you, my entire family and their luggage must fit in this van, too). I was going to build a container and mount him to the roof, but then I had this idea:
He's lightweight and quite strong, actually. Hooked to the air ducts, he's really out of the way.
There is a chance that Kathy will not be wild about this. It's very temporary.

I just took a spin around the block to see if he moves around; it's like he's a part of the headliner. Perfect, elegant solution. I love those. I even had the rope on hand.


1 comment:

Eljay said...

Cool that you got to do the tuxedo rounds in DC, G-fab; but the image of the family driving across the eastern seaboard to the inauguration of the first Black POTUS, with African Man hanging from the van ceiling, is just sooooooooo wrong on so many levels. LOL!