Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good Weekend

It was.

Got a request from the kids to play the Mr. Monkey Suit mix during board game time (we played Sorry!, Zingo!, and Battleship--two of those games have an exclamation point in the title). Owen and I also jammed tonight--he begged me to play the bassline to "I Like To Move It, Move It" while he danced and rapped the lyrics. Good times.

I now have 20 mixes up on 8tracks. Love that place.

Just uploaded an old MTC mix to 8tracks--this is a good one: my Challenge #5 mix entitled "Not Fade Away." When Muxtape was still alive, I streamed this at an all-day Datatel work session (remember that day, Gail?). At any rate, I remember telling Brenda from HR that "Not Fade Away" was the best rock song ever recorded. Did I mean it? I'm pretty sure I did, but... Read about the mix here, and listen to it here or by clicking below:





Hey Greg--this is another mix you might like (now there are two). Playlist

Not Fade Away
1. Billie Holiday - Your Mother's Son In Law
2. Dorothy Love Coates and the New Gospel Harmonettes - Deliver Me
3. Ricki Lee Jones & Rob Wasserman - The Moon Is Made of Gold
4. Michael Hedges & Michael Manring - After The Gold Rush
5. Buddy Holly - Not Fade Away
6. Lene Lovich - You Can't Kill Me
7. Pinback - Concrete Seconds (Demo)
8. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - From Her To Eternity
9. David Lindley & El Rayo-X - Never Knew Her
10. PreFab Sprout - I Couldn't Bear To Be Special
11. Chares Mingus - Original Faubus Fables

Listening to Coltrane (Giant Steps) now and contemplating an early bedtime. Paul Chambers is a monster.

No comments: