Monday, October 20, 2008

Steve's Best Photo of 2008


It's gotta be this one of Delicate Arch taken in Arches NP last month during the motorcycle trip. Lots of people photograph this arch; Google it or type it in the search field at Allposters.com. I really like my image for a few reasons.

  • I like the custom aspect ratio. The main reason I selected these dimensions was to get the cloud completely in the frame at the upper right AND to trail off directly into the lower right corner.
  • I did some cool Photoshop stuff with this one
  • I dialed up the saturation to more accurately capture that orange feel of the Entrada sandstone
  • I "removed" three tourists from the picture. I used the magic eraser and fill tools. I challenge you to find where those tourists used to be.
  • I "cleaned up" the sandstone in the foreground along the bottom. There were three very noticeable globs to guano there (yup, I used my computer to clean bird poop).
  • It was cool to be there. We walked 1.5 miles up the sandstone. We had a great time.

No comments: