Monday, October 13, 2008

G-Fab's "Dark Side" Mix

*

You wanna know my occupation?
I get paid to rock the nation.
--Kool Moe Dee

The other night, as part of a thought process, I made a Muxtape-style mix called "G-Fab's Dark Side Mix." It was fun. You gotta kinda hear it to get it. No playlist until you listen.

I will tell you that is has 80s old-skool rap, econo punk, 70s Motown, Japanese pop, Canadian retro-synth, Welsh popcraft, vintage Radiohead, ZZ Top, DEVO, and a harp solo.

I also included one of the most beautifully crafted pop songs ever. Makes me cry every time I hear it.

*Photo footnote: d. boone (1958-1985). d. boone is not the source of the quote.

-----------
okay, due to underwhelming demand, here's the playlist:

G-Fab's Dark Side Mix

  1. Imperial Theme (Short) / John Williams
  2. We're Through Being Cool / DEVO
  3. You Haven't Done Nothin' / Stevie Wonder
  4. My Radio / Solvent
  5. Take Our Test / Minutemen
  6. Got Me Under Pressure / ZZ Top
  7. I Go To Work / Kool Moe Dee
  8. Blowing Bubbles / Call and Response
  9. Happiness / Gorky's Zygotic Mynci
  10. Just (You Do It To Yourself) / Radiohead
  11. My Time Is Running Out / The Juan MacClean
  12. Pull Up The Roots / Talking Heads
  13. Happy Ending / Pizzicato Five

No comments: