Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I love bikes

This is me in August of 2000. I am standing on the shore of Lake Michigan in Muskegon after pedaling about 300 miles in 5 days with my Step Mom during her campaign for the Michigan Supreme Court. We had rallies in Port Huron, Flint, Lansing, Grand Rapids, and Muskegon. To celebrate completion of the ride, we dipped our bikes in Lake Michigan. I'm glad Bobby got a snap of me with my Cannondale T600. I did a short tour of Finland on this little guy.

At any rate, I only live 8.6 miles from work, and I should really ride. The problem is that I have a new job with a little less freedom about when I come and go. Also, I would miss the kids in the morning if I had to leave even 30 minutes sooner. I also want to be able to get home right away after work.

Still trying to figure this one out. I should just do it while the weather is nice. I could probably make it work on a semi-regular basis through October.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Steve,

I'm building a fixed gear right now. Just need to score some decent wheels on ebay. I would really like to go riding with you.