Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pronto Pups, Sunfish, and Sand, Sand, Sand

When I was a small kid, my grandparents bought a place on Lake Michigan in Grand Haven. As I write this, I am next door to that lot--my Aunt has the cottage that was next door. My grandfather died in a fire when the cottage burned down. He and my grandmother would take us into Grand Haven for Pronto Pups--fantastic little corn dogs.

So we've been out here for the weekend, sailing a little Sunfish, cooking pork tenderloin on the grill, and watching the kids play in the sand.

After Barb, Dean and I puzzled over the rigging of the little Sunfish, we had a great time. The shot below is not their boat, but similar. We had a blast.



Kathy also used the remainder of the tenderloin to make some gorgeous pulled pork sandwiches. She pulled the tenderloin apart with a fork, marinated it in vinegar and barbecue sauce, and served it on whole wheat buns with her famous cole slaw. Oh man, were those good sandwiches!

The Sunfish sailing has me thinking about the family vacation with my Dad, Marti and The Swedes on Lake Michigan. I know Marti's going to want to sail the Clark's Hobie Cat quite a bit. That should be super fun.

No comments: