Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OMG, I'm On Facebook!


Imagine the shock of some of my friends, and especially my sister, when I up and joined Facebook. I had many reasons for not joining. Primarily, I was worried about all the time I'd spend Facebooking. I mean, I've got a couple of blogs, my online mixes, and plenty of surfing to attend to, right?

Facebook is like blogging, but with a larger audience that has a shorter attention span. I suppose the math works out in the end.

True to the topic of this blog, I've started a Wednesday Record feature, where I post about my favorite pop records once per week. I thought my first choice, Kraftwerk's Computer World (1981), was clever. So far, my "freinds" don't care for the choice.

I can still be transported by that disc. I have a list of about 10 records to start with.

Blogging About Nothing

I started this blog because I was taking too many turns in a group blog about music. It's been really helpful for me: a diary-like place I can think out loud and write about nothing. My 60 new Facebook Friends don't do this, but it's clear that people share pretty inane stuff over there. It's funny--that is the WHOLE POINT of this blog.

2 comments:

78rpm said...

"a larger audience that has a shorter attention span" -- well put.

Ron said...

I'm pretty sure I remember you from college. I lived across the hall from John Slavo in 86-87. Did you play the bass in the jazz band?