Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Wave Pitchers


I get to go home tomorrow, which makes me exceedingly happy. I've missed 3 days, 5 soccer goals, and 1 lost tooth while here in Chicago. (Let the record show that Julia scored all 5 goals). Last night, Bill and I did drive out to the Double Door to see Backyard Tire Fire. It was fun. But the best music of the night came from DJ Bill, who pumped his iPod into the van stereo and created a perfect soundtrack for driving around Wicker Park in the rain. 13th Floor Elevators, Moldy Peaches, The Flaming Lips, and The Wave Pitchers. At present, I am quite enamoured with The Wave Pitchers.








Today I told Curtis that I like them as much as I liked The Gorky's when I heard them for the first time. That is officially not true now that I've had a moment to reflect. But they are still quite good.

No comments: