Sunday, August 16, 2009

James Brown Is Dead

Time ain't gonna cure you honey
Time don't give a shit.
Time ain't gonna cure you honey
Time's just gonna hit on you.
--The Kills

You should probably take it easy on me
'Cause I don't know how to take it.
--The Dead Weather


We got Kathy some new iPod headphones today, and that seemed like a good enough reason to make her a mix. I think I went overboard and put in a few tracks she won't like so much. Well, that's why there's a skip button on those things, eh? I've been listening to a lot of Luna lately, but none of that stuff fit here. Too bad--Kathy likes them. Anyway, check it out:



James Brown Is Dead
Playlist
  1. I Love Techno / Soulwax
  2. Ready for the Floor / Hot Chip
  3. Beep It / Cornelius
  4. Superheroes / Daft Punk
  5. Out of My Addiction to Love / Towa Tei
  6. One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Nine Ten Barbie Dolls / Pizzicato Five
  7. Hey Ya! / Outkast
  8. Gamma Ray / Beck
  9. I Cut Like A Buffalo / The Dead Weather*
  10. Tape Song / The Kills*
  11. Hot Mess / Sam Sparro
  12. Paper Planes / M.I.A
The title comes from something said in the Soulwax track.

*Todd took me to see both of these acts live in Detroit.

No comments: